What is ASEAN Digital innovation?
In 2019, the ASEAN Foundation is partnering with Microsoft to implement the ASEAN Digital Innovation Programme focusing on capacitating underserved youths on digital skills and computer science in seven ASEAN Member States (Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, and Viet Nam). The Programme is supporting the ASEAN priorities on ASEAN Work Plan on Youth and Education 2016-2020 and ASEAN ICT Master Plan 2020.
Open Development Cambodia (ODC) together with the ICT4D Cambodia Network are the local partners in Cambodia to implement the ASEAN Digital Innovation Program, which is supported by the ASEAN Foundation and the Microsoft. We are organizing the Training of the Trainers (TOT) on the digital skills and computer science to Cambodian educators, CSOs/NGOs trainers, community youth leaders, as well as underserved youths. The training will allow them to thrive in the industrial revolution 4.0 in the regional context.
The purpose of the TOT training
The TOT is aimed at capacitating the selected 80 educators/trainers in two separate trainings on how to deliver inclusive and gender responsive computer science training by harnessing a specially developed platform, the “futurereadyasean.com”. The platform will enable the trainers to share with, deliver to, and mentor underserved youths or students at their schools, communities or in their projects to use the platform.
Venue and date
Each of the training will accommodate 40 participants. Each session is eight-hour long with one-hour break (refreshment and lunch will be provided). The participants will be provided access to online platform with relevant materials during the session.
|1||24 – 25 July 2019||Phnom Penh ERA Hotel||Group 1 (40 participants)|
|2||26 – 27 July 2019||Phnom Penh ERA Hotel||Group 2 (40 participants)|
Who is eligible?
If you are an IT person, you are excited to share digital skills and computer science to underserved youths aged 15 to 35 upon the completion of the TOT training, meet the below minimum requirements, you are suitable for the training!
We also encourage interested public or private educators, teachers, and non-profit trainers who have their target beneficiaries to apply for a better knowledge and skills for youth.
Minimum Requirement for the participants:
- Has computer literacy, preferably having background in Computer Science (e.g. coding)
- Has Microsoft office skills
- Has basic English skills
- Has teaching experience especially for under-served youth
- Committed to deliver training to at least 100 youths with priority given to underserved youths
What are the benefits?
- Receive a training from the top Microsoft trainers in the Southeast Asia region.
- Participants who have trained 100 underserved youths or more will be awarded with a certificate of achievement issued by the ASEAN Foundation and Microsoft.
- If their trained underserved youth is selected for the final, the TOT’s participants will have an opportunity to join Regional Blog-Making Competition at the ASEAN Secretariat Jakarta, Indonesia.
Please submit your application by the 18th of July 2019. Do not let go of this opportunity of becoming a future TOT’s trainers and educators.
How to Apply
Please submit your application through the link: http://bit.ly/2Xoaw5J
For more information, please contact:
Mr. Mak Puthea
Tel: 012 429597